Monday, January 24, 2011

Special Poem on My Mind Today

This poem reminds me of a very special person who has unselfishly, lovingly and graciously shown just these words!!  I love you more than you will ever know.......


May each and everyone of us find a special place in our heart to show the elderly just these words......


Beatitudes for Friends of the Aged

Blessed are they who understand my faltering step and palsied hand.
Blessed are they who know that my ears today must strain to catch the things they say.
Blessed are they who seem to know that my eyes are dim and my wits are slow.
Blessed are they who looked away  when coffee spilled at table today.
Blessed are they with a cheery smile who stopped to chat for a little while.
Blessed are they who never say, “You’ve told that story twice today.”
Blessed are they who know the ways  to bring back memories of yesterdays.
Blessed are they who make it known  that I’m loved, respected, and not alone.
Blessed are they who know I’m at a loss to find the strength to carry the Cross.
Blessed are they who ease the days on my journey home in loving ways.


--Esther Mary Walker


No comments:

Post a Comment